Thursday, June 21, 2012

My bones Are Tired. My mind is tired. I like this feeling

Hello all,

After this morning's training session, I sat down with my trainer, Surin, and he shared some news with me.  First, he said my kicks are devastating for my size.  I loved the sound of this.  Then, back to reality...  I think he was trying to tell me that my left hook couldn't knock a butterfly off a window sill.  Groan...

Also, he said that they are going to try and get me a real fight!  Not sparing, like I did in Chiang Mai, but a real fight.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but boy, that would be amazing.  I am going to just keep working hard and see what happens.

Oh, some new guy showed up to the gym this morning.  Immediately, he reminded me of Ivan Drago from Rocky.  He was from Ukraine.  Of course he was.  I'm pretty sure he ate a bus load of school children for breakfast this morning.  Needless to say, when his left hooks hit the punching bag,  it made a different sound than mine.

I then made it to an all  you can eat breakfast buffet.  6 waffles. 4 eggs, toast, bacon, and OJ.  American food!  The local Thais couldn't believe what they were watching me eat.  Oh man, I was hungry.  Starving for American food.

This afternoon's session was brutal.  They worked us to the bone and it had to be close to 100*  (the ring is outside) As my luck would have it, my day ended with me in the ring with my sparing partner for the day.  He is a boxer from the UK and weighed at least 200lbs.  The day I left the US, he'd of had 50lbs on me.  Now, I don't even want to think about it.  He truly could have killed me.  He didn't.  Unfortunately I felt this was a waste of both our time.  I was trying as hard as I could and wasn't doing anything to him.  He was trying as little as he could and I was getting pummeled.  Hopefully tomorrow morning they will fix this situation.

I just had two orders of Pad Thai Chicken for dinner.  I think that is what it is called.  Also something I would not have ordered back in the States if my life depended on it.  I actually like it.  Or at least I think I do.  My starving stomach and mind could simply be playing tricks on me these days.  Who knows.

Bed for me.  My bones are tired.  My mind is tired.  I like this feeling.

Mark/Chops

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

MY TRAINER: SURIN.  PICTURE IS FROM THE WEBSITE.  IF I ASKED TO TAKE HIS PICTURE, I'M GUESSING HE WOULD HAVE PUNCHED ME IN THE THROAT.


No comments: