Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I'D PAY $100 FOR CHICKEN PARM RIGHT NOW

Sa wat de krap (very polite way of saying hello in Thai),

I set out this morning armed with 19 site seeing destinations to check out around the city of Bangkok.  I have to be honest.  Aside from about 2 of the places, I found myself incredibly bored.  I know I am not exactly a connoisseur of culture or anything, but still.  I went to the King's Palace to see if he wanted to thai box against me.  I guess he is about 100.  I felt comfortable that I could beat him.  He didn't answer the door.  OK, I didn't knock.  There were guys with riffles guarding it and staring at me.  The palace was amazing.  After that, I went to 18 other places that had me wishing I pressed the snooze button this morning.  On top of this, I am not sure how many people live in this city, but I felt like every single one of them was within two feet of me all day.  I had a feeling I wouldn't exactly love Bangkok.  My gut was right.  Too crowded amongst a few other reasons.  At the end of my day, I made one last ditch effort to save the day.  This one man wolf pack went across the city to check out the hotel where Hangover II was filmed!  Lebua @ State Tower.  This place is 5 stars all day long.  Everyone inside had on suits.  Then there was me.  I had on shorts, a sweaty soccer jersey, and my Rambo bandana. AND, I was tracking mud across the marble lobby as I had just come from some riverboat.  The staff/security rushed over to me and within 60 seconds, I was outside on the curb. 

PS.  I have been trying to force myself to eat from one of the street vendor food carts that are such a part of the culture here in Bangkok.  Seeing as they have all been making me gag over the past two days, this was going to be tough.  I finally did tonight though.  Some sort of "meat".  If I had a cell phone, I'd have called 911 for myself.  I almost died.

Mark/Chops

DOWNTOWN BANGKOK. LOOKED EXACTLY HOW I IMAGINED



I THINK I AM ALL TEMPLE'D OUT.  THEY ARE SPECTACULAR BUT I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL HUNDRED BY NOW. A FEW MORE IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THEM





THE KING'S HOUSE

A PRO DEMOCRACY MONUMENT IN BANGKOK.  I'M NOT VERY POLITICAL, BUT DEMOCRACY IS GOOD SO I ENJOYED THIS.  

HOTEL I WAS KICKED OUT OF TONIGHT FOR LOOKING HOMELESS.  HANGOVER II WAS FILMED HERE.  STOLE THE PICTURE FROM THE LEBUA @ STATE TOWER'S WEBSITE.

The Future Is No Place To Place To Place Your Better Days

No comments: