Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FIGHTING MUAY THAI KICK BOXERS AND MY STOMACH

Hello all,

I'm on the island of Ko Tao, Thailand.  To the best of my knowledge, this place is known for three things.  Scuba Diving, Cliff Diving, and like much of Thailand, Muay Thai Kick Boxing.  Seeing as I have already taken care of my scuba diving fix at the Great Barrier Reef, I felt it was time to buckle down and get going on the other two things this place is known for.

I am enrolled full time in the Muay Thai Kick Boxing Academy here on Ko Tao.  I'm absolutely thrilled to be here doing this.  I am surrounded by some of the best fighters and trainers in the world.  I know it is a privilege for me to have this chance to work with them in the ring.   That said, I won't be taking this opportunity lightly and look forward to giving them my blood, sweat, and.. well, hopefully no tears.

I am still having some serious stomach issues, so that made getting through this afternoon's training session a little interesting, but I made it!  Nothing like a good ol' bout with Giardia to add a little excitement to one's day.  If I had a choice between this stomach thing and getting kicked in the face by one of my trainers, I'd take getting kicked in the face.  Something tells me, I DON'T have a choice and will have to deal with both.

As of today, June 20th??, I still have all my teeth!

You can check out where I am training here:   http://www.thaiboxingkohtao.com/

Wish me luck and someone remind me to keep my hands up!

sorry, no pictures.  I have some good ones but the internet on Gilligan's Island isn't so hot.

Mark/Chops




The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days





No comments: