Friday, June 8, 2012

Evening,

I spent all of today hoofing it around the city of Chiang Mai to see the temples!  It's said to be a "MUST DO" when coming to this part of the world.  This was truly unlike anything I have done before, but I found it to be very interesting.  Some monks were standing so still for so long!  I wasn't even sure they were alive, or if I was in a wax museum.  I had no idea what was appropriate behavior while at these temples.  I read that I must take my shoes off when entering.  Other than that, I didn't have a clue what to do. To the best of my knowledge I wasn't asked to leave any of them.  I'd give myself a solid B for etiquette. I did my best.

It was about 600* out today and I walked for about 8 hours.  I desperately needed to refuel.  I am down 19 pounds since leaving the United States.  It's getting ridiculous.  Below you will see what I ate today.  I have no idea what it is, but I ordered 2 of these for lunch and then again for dinner.  It looks like a pack of skittles exploded in the rice.  Unfortunately, I didn't taste the rainbow.

Tonight I was lucky enough to have some great company for dinner.  David from Scotland.  Just retired and is seeing the world! How cool.  Be safe.

Time for bed.  I have a big day tomorrow.  I have worked it out to go on a 2 day trek into the mountains!  Can't wait!

Goodnight and I hope all is well.

Mark/Chops


BROUGHT ME BACK TO MY COLLEGE DAYS.  WHEN THE DUCT TAPE SANDALS WERE IN THE SHOP, I'D JUST WALK TO CLASS BAREFOOT.  HOW COOL IS THAT BAUDDHA STATUE!

MY FAVORITE TEMPLE 

FEAR FACTOR FOR THIS GUY!  I HAD THIS 4 TIMES TODAY. UNTIL TODAY, I HAD NEVER EVEN CONSUMED A TOMATO, LET ALONE WHATEVER ELSE IS ON THERE.  IT IS SOME SORT OF PORK DISH.  WHERE'S THE PORK?

CONFESSION TIME

STILL SPILLING THE BEANS.. I COULD BE HERE A WHILE.

LARRY, MOE, AND CURLY.  OK, THAT'S PROBABLY OFFENSIVE.  SORRY.


THAT'S ACTUALLY ME.  THAILAND IS HOT!

NOT SURE WHAT THE FLAGS ARE ABOUT BUT THEY WERE EVERYWHERE



I WANTED TO HAVE ONE OF THE BUDDHAS HOLD MY FLAG....


AUSTRALIA SCRAPS.  LAST HIKE IN OZ WAS ALONG THIS COOL RIVER.


I WAS TOLD TO DO THIS.  SOME GUY NAMED PETER ANDRE DID A "FAMOUS" MUSIC VIDEO HERE.  BEAUTIFUL GIRLS? ANYONE KNOW IT.


The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

No comments: