Sunday, June 24, 2012

I DON'T THINK I EVER ACTUALLY BLACKED OUT

Hello All,

Saturdays are for sparing: YEAH, NEWS TO ME TOO!

I don't think I ever actually blacked out but I got absolutely croaked today.  There were 3 of us in this afternoon's session.  Myself, a guy from Denmark, who weighed 175lbs and... Ivan Drago from Ukraine. 200+lbs.   Some of you may be familiar with him from a previous blog.  The guy looks like he eats children for breakfast  Well, I became very familiar with Ivan's fist tonight.  Before even knowing what happened, I was midflight hoping to at least land somewhere in the ring and not on the concrete 5 feet below.  Ivan caught me flush in the head and I went flying.  I wish I could tell you what kind of punch it was, but I never saw it.  Who knows, it might have been a kick.  I think I went down for about a 30 count but got back to my feet!  Yeah baby!  He was very apologetic.  It was just a matter of not knowing his own strength.  He didn't mean it.  I don't think.

I'd love for someone to come train with me that was within 20 pounds of my weight.  I feel confident I could do just fine against them.  I am just overmatched big time.  These guys are all huge.

Tonight I caught up with 3 guys from the UK that I met here on the island.  All 4 of us were a bit off our game.  A bit cloudy if you will .  Me, because I got borderline nocked out.  The three of them, because they just consumed "Mushroom Shakes".  Needless to say, we walked about a half mile past the restaurant we planned to have dinner at before any of us noticed.

I think tomorrow I'll sign up for a pedicure, a coconut with a straw in it, and maybe an MRI.

Enjoy the weekend!

Mark/Chops

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

SHORTLY AFTER GETTING SMOKED BY THE UKRAINIAN MONSTER.  I WAS NEVER GOOD AT MATH BUT IN THIS CANDID GRACIOUSLY PROVIDED TO ME, I THINK I'M WORKING OUT HOW TO COUNT TO 10



No comments: