Tuesday, June 12, 2012

BONJOUR FROM BANGKOK

Evening,

After a plane, train, and a few miles on foot, I have found myself in the heart of downtown Bangkok.  It took me a little longer to get to my hostel than I'd care to admit.  My map reading skills are just so so.  My map reading skills when the map in the city center is written in Thai... well, not so great.  But, I am here.

Initial thoughts after a few hours here:

1. It has got to be the hottest place on planet earth and the air smells like.. I am not sure.  I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
2. The traffic is incredible.  I walked about 10 city blocks to dinner tonight and didn't see a car move.
3. The frequency of which I'm asked out by women has multiplied 7,000,000% since arriving in Bangkok!  I know I am handsome but yikes!  I had dinner ALONE.  I'll wait until the Dutch,Swiss,Aussies, or South Africans come calling...  I won't hold my breath.

I'm going to go poke my head in at the US Embassy tomorrow.  Based off everything I have studied, unfortunately, I cannot really trust anyone here. That said, I'm going to get the lowdown from the America suits.  Maybe they will feed me too!

Bed for me.  I can touch both walls in my hostel room at once!  I'd take a picture but my camera is sorta kinda broken at the moment.  Funny, so is my right leg from Thai Boxing last night...

Mark/Chops

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days







No comments: