Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tonight I will be going light on text and heavy on pictures.  I feel they will relay my experiences far better than I'd be able to with words.  Here goes.



This is the elementary school in La Fortuna that I volunteered at yesterday! I was the English Immersion and Physical Education teacher!  Such an incredible opportunity.   One that I will never forget.  Muchas gracias  La Fortuna! 

Arenal Volcano in La Fortuna from a distance while hiking

Sunset from The Arenal Volcano!

The Arenal Volcano is only slightly wider than my wingspan!  I am at 2,500ft.    Arenal is 6000ft.  Due to the toxic gases coming from the volcano, this was as close as I could get.
I was blasting Guns N Roses' Welcome To The Jungle on the iPod as I was about to enter  La Virgen Sarapiqui Jungle!  This is where I started rafting down Rio Sarapiqui towards Nicaragua!
I was hoping to attract Jaguars out from the depths of the jungle with some help from my paw!  Didn't work. I only attracted the guy to my right.  I have no idea where he came from as I thought I was the first to the river.




What do you do when your white water rafting guide pulls  the boat over because he felt a break was in order??? Well,   of course you try to convince the terrified strangers that you are with that what you see below is a good idea and they should follow you.  



And then some pictures from the actual rafting!  Seeing as our guide was all sorts of crazy, I was 80% excited and 20% terrified!  Probably made it more fun that way.










In the morning I have a 5 hour trek to Monteverde.  However, I won't be making it via train, plane automobile, running, hiking or swimming.  Stay tuned....

 I am ready to collapse. Time for bed!


The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

Mark/Chops


No comments: