Sunday, April 8, 2012

Blog #1

Hello All,

* I will try and post blogs in real time.  However, some may be far from it.  Also, you can insert your email address to the main page of my blog.  This will allow for you to receive an automatically generated email whenever I post a new entry. Lord knows there won't be many of you choosing this option but I thought I'd throw it out there.

4/8/12

Greetings from Logan International AIrport: Boston Massachusetts.

Last night I was lucky enough to enjoy an Easter dinner with my family and a few additional stragglers simply looking to score a free Easter dinner on Dad's dime. (They claimed to be relatives…)  I couldn't have asked for better company.   Our waitress quickly made an announcement that the special for the night was Prime Rib.  Dad looked at me.  I looked at Dad.  We knew what each other was thinking.  Or at least I thought we did.  I thought it was necessary for me to take Big Ted's challenge and take down the meal to get his blessing for my trip.  Dad however, per usual, was simply looking out for my well being.  He wanted to make sure that I had GI (stomach) issues prior to my departure.  The good ol' stomach needed some toughening up.  Also, he wasn't sure when the next time would be that I could find something I'd actually want to eat.  32 ounces of Prime Rib later, mission accomplished.  All kidding aside, thanks for dinner Dad! I had a great time.  The ladies in my life also took great care of me.  My sistahh set me up with some crucial last minute gear that I have already put to use and Mom sent me off with a beautiful St. Jude medal/necklace.  I don't know how I managed to have three saints looking out for my well being, but I'll take it.  Thanks Mom, Susan, and Jude!

1st book of the trip: West Of Jesus - Surfing, Science, And The Origins Of Belief by Steven Kotler.  Thanks so much for the gift Pete! I'm going to do my best to knock it out tonight because….

If all goes as planned, I will be surfing at sunrise tomorrow morning in Costa Rica.  Wish me luck!

Some of you have requested the list of songs people responded to my email with.  See below.  If you don't see your song, I am so sorry.  I saved it on my Blackberry which is most likely in a landfill somewhere south of Boston right now.  Please email it to me again!  I promise to add it.  I'll let you all decide what you think of the list.  I think it's fantastic! Great work.

PS.  Shane's song selection for my trip just came on.  Taylor Swift's song Ours.  DELETE. 

I'll blog when I can and I can promise they wont be this long!  Also, if anyone has a birthday while I am gone, Happy 29th!

Plane is boarding! Got to fly! (get it?)


The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days.

Mark/Chops

PLAYLIST
CEO - illuminata
Yeasayer- Ampling Alp
Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
Modest Mouse - Float On (3 Votes)
Creed - My Sacrifice
Bob Dylan - Times Are A Changing
Whitney Houston - Children
Leann Rimes - Dance
Kid Cudi - Up Up And Away
Avett Brothers - Perfect Space
Pearl Jam - Once
Jack Johnson - Better Together
Bruce Springsteen -The Rising
Zac Brown Band - Let It Go
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Steve Perry - Oh Sherry
Portugal The Man - People Say
Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
James Taylor - Fire And Rain
Boston - More Than A Feeling
Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
Billy Joel - You May Be Right
38 Special - Rockin Into The Night
Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
Arcade Fire - Neighborhoods
Hans Zimmer- Time
Sigur Ros - Festival
Cross Canadian Ragweed - Alabama
Run This City - Jet Lag Gemini
Trust Company - Downfall
Adele - Someone Like You
Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston
Doobie Brothers - Black Water
Free - Donovan Frankfurter
Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas 
Pink Floyd - Time
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain 
LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
Talvin Singh - Traveler 
Le Trio - Joubran Masar 
Fun - We Are Young (3 Votes)
CCR - Fortunate Son
Aerosmith - Crazy 
Iron And Wine - Trapeze Singer - In Good Company
Cheap Trick - Surrender 
Hans Zimmer - The Southland Concerto 
Grits - Oh Ah My Life Be Like
Bubba Sparx - Deliverance
Sammy Adams - Coming Up Coast To Coast Driving Me Crazy
Chamillionaire - Good Morning
Edward Sharp And The Magnetics - Home
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (2 Votes)
MIA - Paper Planes
Schwayze - Buzzin
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place
Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror 
Shinedown - Simple Man (Skynyrd Cover)
The Doors - Step On Through 
Foo Fighters - Everlong
I Can See Clearly Now Johny Nash
Rhapsody In Blue - Gershwin Step 
Paul SImon - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
Dave Matthews - #41 
Dion Warwick - What The World Needs Is Love
JJ Grey and Mofro - On Fire 
The Lion King - Hakuna Matata
Phil Collins - On My Way
Alabama - Song of the south
Alabama - Dixieland Delight
Rod Stewart - Maggie May 
State Radio - Knights Of Bostonia
John Lennon - Watching The Wheel
Simon And Garfunkel - The Boxer
U2 - Beautiful Day  (2 Votes)
U2 - Miss Sarajevo
The Sound Of Music - Climb Every Mountain
Whiz Kalifa - Young WIld And Free
Gerry Mulligan - Chelsea Bridge
Louisiana Saturday Night - Mel McDaniel
Kenny Chesney - One Step Up
My Way - Sinatra 
Carolina In My Mind
Dirty Water - Standells 
Lee Ann Womack - I hope you dance 
King Harvest - Dancing In The moonlight 
Need To Breathe - Slumber
Bison - Switzerland
Mumford and Sons - Awake My Soul (2 Votes)
Tune Yards
Pat Green - John Wayne and Jesus
Coolio - Fantastic Voyage
Toto -Africa Live (Sorry Cara.  I think I got Live in Chicago.  Not Johanassberg. oops)
Breather - Fabulous
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Taylor Swift - Ours
Southern Pride -Rebel Bill
Kelis - Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard
Goo Goo Dolls- Slide
Third Eye Blind - Jumper
Carrie Underwood - How Great Thou Art Grand Ol Opry
J Cole - Im Coming Home
Dobie Grey - Drift Away
Mark Morrison - Return of the mac
Allman Brothers - Soulshine
Allman Brothers - Melissa
Gregory Allen Isakov
Alexi Murdoch
Rascal Flats -- Wish
State Radio -- Wicker Plane
Eminem - Lose Yourself

I ADDED
MGMT - Electric Feel 
Kings of Leon - Knocked Up 
The Beautiful Girls - Freedom
The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
Ben Taylor - Wicked Ways
and a million country songs :)
Tebow'n is out.  Old School Heisman In!
Keith's on his tiptoes
Mom just agreed to cliff dive with me!


No comments: