Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Good Evening!  
As some of you saw, I left Costa Rica on what I thought to be a high note this morning.  I can truly say that bungee jumping while sitting in a wheelchair can really cure a case of the Mondays.  You all should try it!

I am really trying to post some videos of today's jump for those of you that were not able to catch it live.  Trying to upload them to youtube/my blog seems to be impossible though.  I will keep trying.  If anyone has a better method to share them, please let me know.

Allegedly, my bungee jump coach was in the X Games.  I was honored that he was honored that I jumped off his bridge in his wheelchair.  Moment of silence for Dougie Fresh from Connecticut.  I met Doug 5 minutes before I was to grab a cab to the bridge.  Jumping off a bridge wasn't part of his Monday morning plans, but he fit it in!  We hit it off, and he did a lovely swan dive off the same bridge.  Sadly, he wasn't attached to the cord.  Good night.

Ok... a bit more.  Mom, Doug is fine. 

I ended up going straight to the airport from the bridge.  I didn't want to mess up a good thing.  If I didn't get on a plane today, I was never going to leave.  Costa Rica was amazing and I have no doubt that I will be back there some day ready to jump off that same bridge, except next time, I'll be riding a Kayak or a BMX bike.

I ended up deciding to make a pit stop back here in the states.  Turns out, I could fly most anywhere in the world for far cheaper if I left from a major US city as opposed to San Jose, Costa Rica.

I decided to drop in on South Florida to do some spear fishing, surfing, and paddle boarding with two of my dear friends, Richard Bernard and John Ross Crooks.  These two have never met, but boy do they really have something in common.  They both went to Clemson safety schools! How exciting for them! Richard went to the "U" University of Miami and John Ross is a Florida State grad.   They can color by number at the beach tomorrow while I read a book without pictures.

All kidding aside, I cannot wait to spend a few days with these two before I set sail for another adventure.  I am truly fortunate to have them in my life.  

So far my trip has been all I could have asked for and more.  Thanks for your support!

No Arroz con pollo for this guy tonight.  I ate like a king.  Fish and Chips and Chicken Tenders.  I have to enjoy it while I can.  It was like I was back at the 99 Restaurant with my good pals Daniel and William.

Spear Fishing in the morning!  Practicing in Richard's apartment. I think we just killed the neighbor's cat... (FYI, guns were NOT loaded.)

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days





No comments: