Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Evening!


I am currently sitting in the kitchen of some hostel called The Maze. This place has me thinking that I am in some B-rated action movie where hand to hand combat is about to break out and some guy is going to come crashing through a wall.  I am fairly certain someone in here is mastering the use of a crack pipe.  The internet made this place look a wee bit nicer than it is.  Techno music is coming from under a door at the end of the hall.  Loud enough to be heard in California.  Three women in their mid 20s just sat down at the dinner table next to me  and I am fairly certain they are all related to Tiger Woods' Ex Wife.  I'd bet a million dollars they are from Sweden.  Hold on,  I am going to ask…. Yup, verified.  Sweden it is.  I can't really take much credit.  It was a no brainer.  I think I am going to tell them I have a week to live and one of them needs to join me for dinner.  Hold on… I'll ask.  Just finished dinner.  With a middle aged guy…  There wasn't much English coming from Sweden.  I'm sure there was plenty of it before I sat down.

Today I spent 10 hours on foot hoofin it around my new location.  I tend to love cities if they are located on the water.  That said, I instantly found myself enjoying it here.

This is where I watched the sun come up after my flight landed this morning.  Not too shabby.  About 30 hours in the air and 8 time zones, but I made it.


G'day Mate! (Holla Maddy!)

Contemplating paying $150 Australian Dollars to see The Ballet.  Sorry, don't think so.

Sydney Skyline!

Sydney Harbor Bridge Sunset

I went to the box office to try and buy a ticket to whatever show they had playing tonight.  The Ballet was my only choice!  Yuck.  Even still, I was going to buy a ticket and go.  For the experience.  Then the guy told me $150 was the cheapest ticket.  I thought about it.  Then I left.  I think I'd have paid $29 MAX to go to The Ballet alone.  Not a penny more.  

I'm sucking it up to fight through an 8 hour time change since I left Cape Town.  I have not slept since Sunday night.  Tomorrow, I'm beginning my exploration up the east  coast in search of some kangaroos, something high to jump off, a perfect wave, and gosh knows what else.  I'm hoping my surf clinic last month in Costa Rica pays off here.  Otherwise, I could be cruisin' for a bruisin'.  Wish me luck!  Lets hope none of the Greats I saw in the water the other day in Africa show up here!

PS.  I met a few nice young ladies today down at the harbor.   Safe travels to NZ Laura and Claire. And, great tour Gregg!


The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days


No comments: