Friday, July 6, 2012

MAN DATE WITH GUAPS

Hello All,

FIRST: Happy Birthday Alison Alexander!!

Some of you may know my good friend Patrick "Guaps" Ryan from Clemson.  Well, I had the privilege of catching up with him as well while in Colorado.  This was no easy task as Guaps is a doctor by day and a lady's man by night.  The guy never stops.  Busy busy.  Guaps and I set out yesterday morning to Kings Diner to carbo load for breakfast.  This turned out to be a fantastic idea because we needed all the energy we could muster up to make it up to The Royal Arch in Boulder.  This is an incredible rock formation that sits at 10,000 feet, high above The University of Colorado.  What a breathtaking spot.  I couldn't think of a more romantic place to go on a man date.  Luckily for us, we finished our climb in Boulder just in time as flash floods and lightning hit the area the split second we got back to the base camp.  

After our hike, Guaps refinanced his house in order to purchase two of the fattest steaks North America has ever seen.  We went to his old school butcher shop and purchased half a cow.  I'm dead serious.  It made for the most incredible meal ever.  I was so touched by this gesture that I agreed to try some goat cheese and peppers salad that Guaps made for us.  I had never consumed either in my life.  It was ok.  (I'm being polite)

After dinner, we went out for ice cream.  At this point, we decided this was all a trial run for the two of us and that at some point, if luck was on our side, we would try this same line up with a woman.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I need all the help I can get.  Guaps, well, he is a doctor.  He is made in the shade.

This morning Guaps was gentleman and drove me to the airport.  No walk of shame for this guy.  I had a fantastic time in Denver and Boulder.  I have no doubt that I will be back again soon.

Until then, I'm going to see if any of the lovely ladies working for Delta feel like going on a trip with me.  Wish me luck.

Mark/Chops


HIGH ABOVE THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO.  GO BUFFS! (SHARKEY AND MACIASZCZYK)

HAD A FEW BUTTERFLIES WHEN LOOKING DOWN

BOULDER, COLORADO IS GORGEOUS

SWEET TAN GUAPS!  MADE IT OFF THE MOUNTAIN JUST IN TIME.  LIGHTNING AND FLASH FLOODING STARTED 5 MINUTES AFTER WE FINISHED!


The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

No comments: