Sunday, August 12, 2012

TIME TO BUY BEAR SPRAY!

Evening,

I arrived in Portland, Oregon at about 5AM this morning after catching a Greyound from survival camp.  I had flies all over me the entire way here.  I proceeded to check into a room at approximately 6am looking pretty much like Pigpen from Charlie Brown.  I am 100% certain the guy at the front desk thought I was homeless and was about to kick me out, until I took out the VISA.  I then took a shower, my first one in a week, which I am sure will lead to serious environmental issues here in downtown Portland.  It felt great to get clean though!

I pounded the pavement all day today in Portland.  Thanks for the tips Sandy!  The weather was gorgeous.  The city was lovely.  And the people... well, they made me feel right at home.  It seems like this is a place where you can be whatever you want to be and that's A OK.  Portland, you are all right in my book.  Thanks for having me.  

Mark/Chops

PS. Heading north in the morning.  Very north!  It's time.  ALASKA!


THOUGHT I'D TOSS IN AN OLDY BUT GOODY.  I'LL SEE YOU GUYS SOON!

AMAZING

I WAS TOLD TO GO TO THE FAMOUS VOODOO DONUTS.  THIS IS A TWO HOUR LINE.  I LEFT.  
The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

No comments: