Friday, August 17, 2012

ROUND 2: 31 MILES

Hello again,

Yesterday I took to recovering from my trip the previous few days.  I managed to stay in bed most of the day.  I was beyond exhausted.  I finally got up to consume a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a pound of turkey bacon: split between two meals.  Aside from that, I took a short walk over to the Anchorage Museum to loosen up my stiff muscles a bit.  I am not much of a museum guy, but it was worth the $11 all day long. As an aside, I keep saying I am not much of a museum guy, but I keep going to museums...

This afternoon I am taking off once again.  I have decided to head into the Chugach State Park where I intend to take on 31 miles of Alaska around Eklutna Lake (said to be spectacular) and ultimately up to Mt Bashful, the tallest mountain in the park, at 8,005 feet.  As with my last trip, I have made my plans known to the hostel I am leaving from, and will touch base with the Chugach State Park before heading out.  Again, this is a challenge I look forward to taking on and have planned accordingly.  Weekend Forecast: cold and rainy!

The big IF to these plans is the fact that the trail head for this route is about 15 miles off the beaten path/main road (if there are such things up here)  Keep your fingers crossed that a passerby gives me a lift!

Talk soon

Mark/Chops

PS.. Happy Birthday Lindsay!


MY NEW FRIEND TERRI, MOTHER OF 5, MADE MY DAY TAKING A PICTURE OF ME AT THE EAGLE RIVER, ALASKA FINISH LINE AFTER MY RIVER ADVENTURE! 26.2 MILES BABY!  ABOUT TO COLLAPSE.
The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days

No comments: