Thursday, October 3, 2013

AT ONLY 35, DAN HOEFT HAS CHANGED THE WORLD - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!


On the big fellas 35th birthday, I'd just like to share a few words.

I met Dan Hoeft the morning after Hurricane Sandy finished destroying much of the east coast last year.  I had made my way to Hoboken, NJ to meet up with my BC High pal Bill Driscoll to do some disaster response work.

When Bill pointed out Dan from afar, I thought to myself " This guy is going to eat me for breakfast"  Turns out, he did not.  It didn't take long to realize Dan doesn't eat people for breakfast, he changes the world.  

Over the course of the past year, I have had the privilege to deploy to multiple disasters with Dan.  Most recently the tornadoes that hit Oklahoma, and we are currently leading a flood response team just north of Boulder, Colorado.

His technical skills on job sites shine in even the most difficult situations.  He has an uncanny ability to visualize any sort of situation we come across in the field and comes up with a solution that makes perfect sense.  Why didn't I think of that, is what I usually say to myself.  Why?  Because I am not Dan.

What impresses me even more is his ability to connect with people in the darkest hour of their lives.  He brings leadership, compassion, and humor all at the exact right moment to bring disaster survivors an incredible amount of comfort.  It is a thing of beauty.  

I could go on forever with stories of what makes this guy so great.  I guess I'd just like to say I love him.

You know what the fastest way to change the world is?  Clone Dan Hoeft.  


Mark/Chops

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days


ROSS AND DAN GRINDING OUT A TOUGH DAY DURING THE NOR'EASTER THAT HIT RIGHT AFTER HURRICANE SANDY.

DAMAGE ASSESSMENTS POST MIDWEST FLOODS THIS PAST SPRING

" I CONVINCED THIS IDIOT TO JUST DO THAT!" - DAN
NECHAMA DISASTER RESPONSE STRONGEST MAN CONTEST.  I LOST.

OKLAHOMA.  A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET.  DAN WAS MAGIC PER USUAL.

LOVE - HATE RELATIONSHIP. 

No comments: