Monday, November 5, 2012

HOBOKEN DAY #2

Evening,

Today was very productive.  Work at the Hoboken Community Center was finished and Hoboken residents will be able to use the center for voting tomorrow.  Great news there!  I spent almost all my day with some incredible volunteers at a synagogue/school downtown.  Here, we gutted the basement.  The biggest reason for our efforts was so that the boiler could be replaced.  Without heat, the children are unable to go back to school.  It looks like our efforts today will go a long way towards getting the children back in the classroom.  Again, awesome news.

For the tail end of my day, I made my way back over to the church/food pantry.  The work here is an ongoing effort, but seems to be heading in the right direction.

After calling it a day, the fellas and myself made our way over to the Hoboken Elks Lodge where food is being provided for displaced residents and volunteers.  We ate like kings.  Thanks Elks.

There was some great work done today by a lot of people here in Hoboken.  Their efforts should be applauded.

Today was fulfilling.  I won't have trouble sleeping tonight.

Mark/Chops

PS.. I will try to find a moment to take some up close shots of some of the work I am doing.  The sites are devastating, but I feel it is important for you to see.

MY GOOD FRIEND AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF NECHAMA, FELLOW BC HIGH GRAD, BILL DRISCOLL.  WE ARE OUTSIDE THE COMMUNITY CENTER THAT WAS SUCCESSFULLY PREPARED TO HOLD VOTING POLLS TOMORROW.
AN AMAZING CREW OF VOLUNTEERS TODAY. THE GUY ON THE RIGHT WITH THE HAZMAT SUIT ON, WORE PENNY LOAFERS FOR SHOES!

STARBUCK, DAN, ROSS, AND ME GETTING SOME FREE FOOD AT THE HOBOKEN ELKS LODGE AFTER A VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY! FINISHED OFF OUR MEAL WITH SNACK PACKS!

The Future Is No Place To Place Your Better Days


1 comment:

Rabbi James Greene said...

Mark - I read your blog and I am incredibly proud! You are doing some awesome work during a really tough time. Thank you!